This high-protein granola is super simple and requires ingredients you probably have in your pantry. It’s quick, simple, and of course perfectly sweet (using only natural sweeteners).
This gluten-free granola is also dairy-free and can easily be made vegan with a few substitutions.
What You Need For Healthy High-Protein Gluten-free Granola
- Your favorite natural nut-butter (yes- we’re talking the drippy stuff- other peanut butter like Jif may not work since it has added ingredients that alters it’s texture)
- Vegan plant-based butter of choice (I used Earth Balance)
- Honey (or maple syrup for vegan)
- Vanilla extract
- Certified Gluten-Free rolled oats (I get mine from Trader Joe’s since they’re the cheapest)
- Collagen peptides (omit for vegan)
- Your Favorite Dairy-free (or vegan) Chocolate chips
- Your favorite nuts (I used honey roasted peanuts)
- Sea Salt
How To Make That Perfect CRUNCH
- Remember to flip! Both sides of the granola should be flipped half-way through. This makes the granola bake evenly, making both sides of the granola as crunchy as it can be!
- Watch the oven! Granola can get burnt very easily if you take your eyes off of it or forget to flip it. Once you see the granola turn golden brown, give it a good flip!
- Let the granola cool for at least 45 minutes. The granola hardens when it cools so this is a critical step!
A Note To Remember about Natural Granola
Since this is natural granola, it will not be as crunchy as the typical store brand that has sugar cane and other preservative ingredients.
Looking for more simple snack recipes? Check out my other recipes below:
- Simple Healthy Gluten-Free Oat Flour Fudgy Brownies
- The Fluffiest Gluten-Free Banana Bread
- Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Glazed Donuts
- 6 Ingredient Gluten Free Granola Bars
- Healthy Gluten Free Banana Coffee Crumb Cake
Simple High-Protein 6 ingredient Gluten-Free Granola
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 10 half-cup servings 1x
- Category: Snack, Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Diet: Gluten Free
High-protein Gluten-Free Granola made with simple ingredients. This go-to recipe can be made in a snap!
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter (The drippy kind)
- 2 tbsp melted vegan butter of choice ( I used the Earth Balance brand)
- Heaping 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups Certified Gluten-Free rolled oats
- 2 scoops of collagen (2 scoops = 2 servings for the collagen peptides I used)
- 3/4 cup chopped honey-roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray. You can also use parchment paper.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, except for the chocolate chips. Mix everything well so that the granola is evenly coated in the honey and that there are no dry areas.
- Transfer the granola to the large baking sheet and spread it out into an even layer. A trick that works for me is hitting the baking sheet on the counter a few times. It makes the granola spread easier across the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping the granola halfway through. When the granola is done baking it should appear golden brown
- Let the granola cool for at least 45 minutes.
- Break the granola into clumps once cooled.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips into the granola.
- Store in an air-tight container at room temp for about 1 week.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 239
- Sugar: 9 grams
- Fat: 11 grams
- Carbohydrates: 26 grams
- Fiber: 5 grams
- Protein: 9 grams
Keywords: Gluten free granola, collagen peptides, high protein granola, healthy granola, dairy free granola, vegan granola, dairy free