Long gone are the days of spongy gluten-free snacks that fall apart in your hands.
Say hello to the new and improved fluffy banana bread filled with sweet honey and coconut sugar, making for a perfectly sweet banana bread that will unfold with flavor in your mouth.
To make this banana bread I highly recommend using a gluten-free all-purpose flour that contains xanthan gum and has a mix of brown rice flour and tapioca or arrowroot starch.
These flours will make the banana bread very thick and will add the texture of gluten into the recipe, without actually adding in any wheat flour.
Because let’s be real, we’ve all had a gluten-free treat before, possibly a muffin or a bread that had a texture similar to a kitchen sponge…
I know what you’re thinking…
And NO ONE wants to eat something that tastes like that, so opt for a quality gluten-free all-purpose flour, even if it means spending a little more at the grocery store. I suggest using Bob’s Red Mill 1-for-1 baking flour or King Arthur’s all-purpose gluten-free flour.
Additionally, for sweeteners, I recommend using a mix of Honey and coconut sugar as this will yield a naturally sweet banana bread and will complement the sugar from the bananas well.
Feel free to decrease the amount of coconut sugar or honey in the recipe if your bananas are very spotty as you may not need the amount the recipe calls for.
When it comes to the vegan chocolate chips feel free to add more or as much as your heart desires!
I fear I commit a Cardinal sin of using less as I am not much of a fan of chocolate so I tend to not add as much as the average chocolate lover.
Try more of my Healthy Gluten Free Recipes!Print
Tell that Starbucks Banana Bread that’s been eyeing you to move over because this Fluffy Gluten-Free Banana Bread is made for you! These slices are Hefty, and have 11 grams of protein per slice!
- dairy free
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray
- Mash the bananas and add them into a large bowl and combine with the wet ingredients
- Add all the dry ingredients, except for the chocolate chips into a large bowl and mix until there is no clumps. If the batter is too thin, add more coconut flour, and if it’s to thick add a dash of water or non-dairy milk.
- Mix in 2/3 of the chocolate chips and save the rest to sprinkle on top
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes. Watch it carefully as this is a thick and hefty loaf of banana bread so the timing may vary based on your oven and the vegan protein powder you used. When the banana bread is done let it cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut into 9 Hefty Slices
You May be able to sub the eggs in this for flax eggs and sub the honey for maple syrup to make it vegan.
- Serving Size: 1 Hefty Slice
- Calories: 285
- Fat: 9
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 40
- Protein: 11
Keywords: dessert, gluten free, dairy free, banana, peanut butter, high protein, Honey