Ode to Fall and the Apple Orchards that are waiting for a pickin’! Put those local apples to good use and treat yo-self (and a special someone) to this Healthy Gluten Free and Dairy Free Apple Crisp!
PS. I hope you’re a fan of Snow White as this photoshoot is inspired by the famous tale. From the apple that was offered to snow white to the nature-setting of the movie this recipe and shoot are an ode to this famous tale.
Why For Two?
Have you ever had a craving for apple pie, but lack the desire to make the whole thing? Or want a taste of something, but not the whole thing?
That’s where the Healthy Gluten Free Apple Crisp For Two comes in! This recipe is assembled in a snap and crisps up in the oven, bringing the flavors of the apple out and adding a nice crunch!
What Do I Need To Make The Apple Crisp
In addition to a large ramekin or a small pot similar to the one I have, you will need the following ingredients:
- Your favorite apples
- All purpose flour
- Lemon Juice
- Vegan Butter
- Sea salt
I went with Red Delicious apples, but you can honestly pick your favorite. if you are going for more of a fall vibe, then I would recommend Honeycrisp.
For The Apples
For this all you will need is a small bowl of diced apples.
To bring out the sweetness of the apples, coat them in lemon juice, brown sugar, and a pinch of salt.
For the Crumble
What would a Gluten Free Apple Crisp be without a crispy crumble?
It’s simple! In a small bowl, mix the coconut sugar, cinnamon, oats, all purpose flour, and chopped nuts. Then, melt the vegan butter in the microwave and add it to the small bowl. Be sure to break up the large clumps.
The gluten free flour you use may affect the amount of butter the crumble soaks up, which is why I recommend using Bobs red Mill 1:1.If you find the crumble is too wet, add more oats or flour (potentially both depending on how wet it is) until the mixture becomes drier.
After that, bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, until the crumble is golden brown and serve with your favorite vanilla dairy free ice cream for the ultimate treat.
Have an itch to keep baking? Give my latest recipes a try!
- 6 Ingredient Gluten Free Granola Bars
- Birthday Cake Vegan Truffles
- Collagen Perfect Bars
- Dairy Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Tofu Shake
- Gluten Free Bacon Cheddar Pull Apart Biscuits
A Simple and Healthy Gluten Free and Dairy Free Crunchy Apple Crisp that is the perfect shareable size. It may be so good, you may not even want to!
- 2 Medium-sized apples (or 3–4 small ones)
- 6 Tbsp quick oats
- 1/4 cup all purpose gluten free flour (I used Bobs 1:1 All purpose gluten free flour)
- 3 Tbsp chopped nuts ( I chose Pistachios, but any nut will do)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp water
- 3–4 Tbsp melted vegan butter (I used whipped butter)
- 3–4 Tbsp coconut sugar (depending how sweet you like it)
- Dash of sea salt
- Chop the apples into small pieces and place them in a small bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, 1 Tbsp coconut sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, water and sea salt together in the small bowl and mix until the apples are coated.
- Place your coated, diced apples into a large ramekin or similar container.
- Combine the remaining ingredients (except for the melted butter) together in a small bowl and mix the ingredients thoroughly in a small bowl.
- Add the melted butter to the small bowl and break up any clumps. You may need to add a little more flour or oats depending on the flour you used.
- Pour the crumble over the apples in the baking dish and bake in an oven at 350 for 50-60 minutes. If you prefer a crispy crumble I would bake it at the higher end of that range.
- Serve hot with your favorite dairy free ice cream and drizzle honey for added flavor.
*You can add more apple if you would like, just be sure to have a larger dish on hand. I am more a crumble fan than an apple fan so feel free to adjust as you see fit.
*You can attempt to reduce the butter and coconut sugar by 1 Tbsp, but your crumble may not as strong of a butter or sweet taste.
*As with all my recipes, this is a rough estimate of the nutrition label. I used whipped butter, and 3 Tbsp of coconut sugar to calculate this.
- Serving Size: Half a crisp
- Calories: 478
- Sugar: 37
- Fat: 22
- Carbohydrates: 64
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 6
Keywords: Apple crisp, gluten free apple crisp, dairy free apple crisp, vegan apple crisp, gluten free, fruit crisp, fall recipe