A Simple and Healthy Gluten Free and Dairy Free Crunchy Apple Crisp that is the perfect shareable size. It may be so good, you may not even want to!
- 2 Medium-sized apples (or 3–4 small ones)
- 6 Tbsp quick oats
- 1/4 cup all purpose gluten free flour (I used Bobs 1:1 All purpose gluten free flour)
- 3 Tbsp chopped nuts ( I chose Pistachios, but any nut will do)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp water
- 3–4 Tbsp melted vegan butter (I used whipped butter)
- 3–4 Tbsp coconut sugar (depending how sweet you like it)
- Dash of sea salt
- Chop the apples into small pieces and place them in a small bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, 1 Tbsp coconut sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, water and sea salt together in the small bowl and mix until the apples are coated.
- Place your coated, diced apples into a large ramekin or similar container.
- Combine the remaining ingredients (except for the melted butter) together in a small bowl and mix the ingredients thoroughly in a small bowl.
- Add the melted butter to the small bowl and break up any clumps. You may need to add a little more flour or oats depending on the flour you used.
- Pour the crumble over the apples in the baking dish and bake in an oven at 350 for 50-60 minutes. If you prefer a crispy crumble I would bake it at the higher end of that range.
- Serve hot with your favorite dairy free ice cream and drizzle honey for added flavor.
*You can add more apple if you would like, just be sure to have a larger dish on hand. I am more a crumble fan than an apple fan so feel free to adjust as you see fit.
*You can attempt to reduce the butter and coconut sugar by 1 Tbsp, but your crumble may not as strong of a butter or sweet taste.
*As with all my recipes, this is a rough estimate of the nutrition label. I used whipped butter, and 3 Tbsp of coconut sugar to calculate this.
- Serving Size: Half a crisp
- Calories: 478
- Sugar: 37
- Fat: 22
- Carbohydrates: 64
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 6
Keywords: Apple crisp, gluten free apple crisp, dairy free apple crisp, vegan apple crisp, gluten free, fruit crisp, fall recipe