Every now and again you taste a treat that is so good and so beautiful that you have to take a step back and take a bite out of it and say, “Sh*t that’s good!“
This is one of those recipes!
What You Need To Make Gluten Free Cinnamon Sugar Banana Donut Holes
- Brown sugar
- Cane ugar
- Butter of choice
- Greek yogurt
- Vanilla extract
- Gluten free all purpose flour (I used the King Arthur brand)
- Collagen peptides
- Baking soda
- Sea salt
How To Make The Perfect Donut Hole
The key to these donut holes is using a mini muffin tin and not scooping too much batter into the tin.
I recommend only adding 1 Tbsp of dough in each mini muffin tin portion. Otherwise, your donut holes will be less like donut holes and more like a large cinnamon sugar baseball…but a tasty one at that!
To make the perfect cinnamon sugar coating don’t skimp on the butter! Coating the melted butter in the baked donut holes is key to making the cinnamon sugar mixture stick.
Mixing The Cinnamon Sugar Coating
I recommend adding about 1-2 Tbsp of cinnamon to the 3/4 cup of sugar in a small bowl. For more of a sugary-flavor and less of a cinnamon flavor I would recommend only adding 1 tbsp of cinnamon.Print
Fluffy and flavorful Gluten free cinnamon banana donut holes that are perfectly sweet! These can be made dairy free!
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cane sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt (or dairy-free yogurt of choice)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 large)
- 1 1/4 cup self rising flour (To make this for every 1 cup of flour add 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt)
- 1 scoop collagen
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
Cinnamon sugar coating
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 5 tbsp butter melted
- 2 TBSP cinnamon
- Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray and preheat the oven to 350.
- In a large bowl combine the egg, melted butter, greek yogurt, mashed banana, collagen peptides, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and cane sugar. Get out as many lumps as you can. A few will be in there from the banana and that is A ok!
- Add the self-rising flour and baking soda in a separate medium-sized bowl and mix until combined.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until everything is combined.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon the batter into the mini muffin tin.
- Bake in the oven for 14-17 minutes.
- While the donut holes are baking, prepare the cinnamon sugar topping. Pour the melted butter into a small bowl and combine the cinnamon and sugar together in another small bowl.
- Take out of the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Role the donut hole in the butter using a fork to coat it. Be sure to tap out the extra butter by scooping the donut hole with a fork and letting the excess butter drip over the melted butter bowl.
- Then, coat the banana donut hole in the cinnamon sugar mixture and set aside.
- Repeat until all of the banana donut holes are coated and enjoy!
- Store these in a container for a max of 2 days! (if they last that long)
Nutritional information is roughly estimated
- Serving Size: 1 donut hole
- Calories: 71
- Sugar: 6
- Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 1
Keywords: gluten free donuts, gluten free donut hole, banana donut holes, banana donut, healthy donuts, vegan donuts, healthy donut holes