“I love dry scones that crumble everywhere!“
Said no one Ever!
These Lemon Blueberry Scones are made with the perfect gluten free flour blend and are not dry like a typical scone. They do not crumble much and are packed with flavor! Which is the way I think a scone should be.
Now, you can choose to make these lemon blueberry flavored or you can swap the flavor.
You can add chocolate chips and a dash of vanilla to make a great chocolate chip scone or you could add cinnamon and a bit of nutmeg to make these more of a strictly breakfast affair.
To make these you’ll want to sift all of your flours together and then add in the baking powder and salt.
After this you’ll want to add all of the wet ingredients together in a bowl and give them a good stir until they’re combined. Then, you’ll add in the dry ingredients.
Once all of the ingredients are combined you’ll want to make a large bowl in the center of a pan with parchment paper and flatten it into a 6-7 inch circle. This is a rough estimate but that was about the size mine was. To make thicker scones, as these don’t rise as much as a typical scone without yeast, I would recommend making a smaller circe.
Here’s the ingredient deets:
- Oat flour (or oats blended finely in a blender)
- All purpose flour
- Coconut flour
- Non-dairy milk
- Vegan butter
- My Protein Collagen Icing
- Himalayan sea salt
It may seem like a long ingredient list but it’s well worth it and the scones themselves don’t need time to rise (as these are yeast free) and the Glaze…
Which takes only m i n u t e s to whip up.
The sweet glaze adds a great touch of sweetness to these scones and really adds that bakery-style element in my opinion.
After the scones are done baking in the oven I would recommend letting these yummy scones cool for 10-12 minutes before adding the glaze.
I prefer adding the glaze when the scones are warm, but not hot to the touch. Otherwise your tongue and tastebuds will not be able to enjoy the flavors of this scone as they will be rather scorched.
If you’re looking for more gluten free healthy recipe ideas check out my latest posts!
- Vegan Brownies With Sweet Potato Frosting
- Birthday Cake Vegan Truffles
- Little Debbie Copycat Cosmic Brownie Bites
- Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Blondies
- Collagen Perfect Bars
The Best Ever Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Scones
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 Scones with Collagen Glaze 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
- Diet: Gluten Free
The best ever gluten free scones that are not dry and boast a lemon blueberry flavor. It becomes the perfect pair with a lemon protein collagen glaze!
- 1 Cup Oat flour (or oats blended finely in a blender)
- 1 Cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup Coconut flour
- 2–3 Tbsp Truvia or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 3/4 cup Blueberries
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp non-dairy milk (You may want to add less depending on the gf all-purpose flour you use)
- 6 Tbsp Vegan butter, cold (I used I can’t believe it’s not butter Vegan)
- 1/2 Cup Applesauce
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 batch My Protein Collagen Icing (or feel free to use all of it)
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Sift all flour into a large bowl. Then add the sweetener, salt, and baking powder in the bowl and combine.
- Add the butter into the large bowl and with a fork combine the butter into the flour until it forms large crumbs.
- Add the non-dairy milk and applesauce to the bowl and give it a good stir.
- Fold in the Blueberries and place on a baking sheet in a large ball.
- Make the dough into a 6-7 inch circle, flattening it to your desired thickness. These will not puff up as much as a usual scone as this is an eggless recipe.
- I recommend dividing these into 8 pieces with a knife before baking them for 18-22 minutes.
- While the scones are baking whip up the glaze by making my Collagen Glaze and adding 1 lemon juiced to it.
- Let cool for 10-12 minutes and top with the lemon glaze in a drizzle fashion.
I used King Arthur’s gluten free all-purpose flour, which has xanthan gum in it. If you use a different gluten free flour add 1/4-1/2 tsp xanthan gum to the flour if your flour doesn’t have it in it.
Nutrition was calculated with 2 Tbsp Truvia and 2/4 batch of my Collagen Icing.
- Serving Size: 1 Scone with Glaze
- Calories: 207
- Sugar: 9-10 grams
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 36
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 7
Keywords: Scones, gluten-free, dairy free, dessert, breakfast, snack, blueberry, lemon blueberry