Is it even Fall without Pumpkin Pancakes? These yummy gluten free and dairy free pancakes are spiked with the perfect amount of cinnamon and pumpkin spice to create a beautiful flavor combination you’re taste buds will be thanking you for!
Here’s What You’ll Need For Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes:
- All purpose gluten free flour ( I used King Arthur, if you use a different brand the texture may be affected as all brands are created differently).
- Oat flour
- Cane sugar
- Sea salt
- Baking Powder
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Vegan butter
- Pumpkin puree
- Cane sugar
- Non-dairy milk (or normal milk)
How To Make The Perfect Pumpkin Pancake:
The key to the perfect gluten free pumpkin pancake is using the best gluten free all purpose flour. I used King Arthur’s all purpose gluten free flour and had great success. Each gluten free flour is made differently so if you use an alternate flour you may yield a different result.
To make the perfect round pancake you will want to set your stovetop burner to 2 or low/medium heat. Before adding the batter though you will want to rub the pan with butter or spray. I recommend melting the butter called for in this recipe and leaving the remainder of the butter (that doesn’t easily pour into the bowl with the other wet ingredients) on the pan.
From there, using a 1/4 cup, scoop the batter from the bowl onto the pan and let the pancake batter spread over the pan. The pancakes will spread to a circular shape by doing this, but you can also use the 1/4 cup and move it in a circular motion on top of the batter to shape it into more of a circle.
It’s important to let the pancakes cook fully for 3-4 minutes on each side. You should see the tops puff up a bit and the edges get a bit darker.
These do not bubble as much as your typical buttermilk pancake but if you flip it every 3-4 minutes the pancakes should be fully cooked.
How Long can I Keep These?
These pancakes can be kept for a max of 2 days in the fridge when stored in an airtight container. I do not advise leaving them out at room temperature for a long period of time as these are best served warm when paired with maple syrup or honey.
Are you searching for more Gluten Free Recipes? Checkout my latest recipes below:
- Easy Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls (ready in 2 hours)
- Healthy Gluten Free Banana Applesauce Muffins
- Small Batch Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Healthier Gluten Free Banana Cinnamon Swirl Bundt Cake
- Simple Healthy Piña Colada Popsicles
The simple Fall inspired gluten free fluffy pancakes you’ve been searching for!
- 4 TBSPs oat flour
- 3/4 cup King Arthur’s gluten free all purpose flour (leveled with a knife)
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 2 TBSP cane sugar
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large room temperature brown egg
- 2 TBSPs vegan butter
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- Add all dry ingredients into a large bowl and combine thoroughly. Feel free to add more pumpkin spice if you would like a stronger pumpkin flavor.
- Combine all wet ingredients except for the butter in a medium-sized bowl.
- Heat a skillet (of any size) over low to medium heat.
- Melt the 2 TBSPs of butter in the pan watching it closely to make sure it doesn’t burn. it shouldn’t take very long. When done, add the butter with the other wet ingredients. Leave a little butter left on the skillet to act as the oil/spray for cooking the pancakes.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix until there are no clumps in the batter and using a 1/4 cup scoop the batter onto the skillet and flip every 3-4 minutes. These will not bubble like buttermilk pancakes so watch them closely. They should puff up a bit and the edges should appear more stiff.
- Continue this process until you get about 7-8 pancakes. Serve warm with honey or maple syrup and store in an airtight container in the fridge for a max of 2 days.
*All nutrition that has been calculated is an estimate.
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 116
- Sugar: 4
- Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 17
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 3
Keywords: pumpkin, pancakes, pumpkin pancakes, gluten free pancakes, gluten free, dairy free pancakes, dairy free, breakfast