A simple gluten-free and vegan tasty twist on classic peanut butter chocolate bars!
Peanut Butter Base:
- 1 cup salted creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 3/4 cup oat flour (certified gluten-free)
- 1 scoop of collagen (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla (omit if you want stronger honey flavor)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips of choice
- 4 tbsp pb
- 2 tbsp butter of choice
Peanut Butter Swirl Topping:
- 2 tbsp pb
- Line an 8×8 inch baking tin with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Prepare the bottom Peanut Butter Base by adding all of the ingredients in the base that are listed in the ingredients above. Using a large rubber spatula, stir the mixture and fold it the ingredients are combined and thick.
- Transfer the peanut butter mixture into the prepared 8×8 baking tin. Using the rubber spatula evenly spread the mixture, smoothing it out into a nice thick and even layer. When done, set aside.
- Prepare the chocolate topping by adding all the ingredients in the chocolate layer section in the ingredients listed above into a small-medium microwave-safe bowl. To make sure the chocolate isn’t burnt use the following method: Heat in 20-second increments until chocolate is melted. Stir in between the 20-second heating increments, until smooth. The chocolate will be ready once it appears shiny.
- Pour the chocolate layer mixture over the peanut butter filling in the 8×8 baking tin. Clean off the spatula you had before or grab a new one to smooth the chocolate into a nice even layer. To even out the chocolate tap the tin a few times.
- Using a spoon or teaspoon drop 1-2 teaspoons of peanut butter over the top layer of chocolate, leaving at least o inch in between other peanut butter droplets.
- Using a knife, drag the peanut butter across the top layer of the bars from left to right, going back and forth until you’ve created a design that looks beautiful and is of course tasty!
- Transfer the baking tin to the freezer and freeze for 50-60 minutes
- Remove from the freezer and slice into 16 bars.
I recommend storing these bars in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. You can also store in the freezer in a freezer bag/container for up to 2 months. I would be sure to let these bars thaw for 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition is calculated with Collagen peptides added
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 252
- Sugar: 14
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 20
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 7
Keywords: No-bake, honey, gluten free, dairy free, vegan, collagen, healthy bars, peanut butter chocolate bars, peanut butter bars, chocolate, under 6 ingredients, simple recipe, healthy dessert,