The perfect sweet and salty small-batch gluten-free cookies!
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp All-purpose gluten-free flour (I used King Arthur’s)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Heaping 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 Tbsps of cane sugar/granulated sugar
- 1 room-temperature egg yolk beaten
- 1/4 cup unsalted softened butter
- Heaping 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of your favorite chocolate bar cut into chunks ( I used this one by Lilly’s to add a hint of salted caramel flavor to the mix)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Once complete, set aside
- Add the sugars and softened butter in a medium-sized bowl, and mix them until they are fully combined. This will take about 2-3 minutes to mix by hand.
- Add the beaten egg yolk, vanilla extract and salt to the medium-sized bowl until the dough has been fully combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the chocolate chunks into the mixing bowl and stir until combined. Be sure to scrape the sides and that no clumps of flour are present.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Store the cookie dough in the freezer for 30-35 minutes.
- Take out of the freezer and let the cookies sit out for 5 minutes. Then, using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving enough room for the cookies to spread. you don’t need to flatten these cookies so the scooped form is ideal.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. If you prefer these cookies slightly under-baked I recommend the shorter end.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them to cool on the baking sheet for 6-7 minutes. Then, transfer the cookies to a cooling rack for an additional 10 minutes and enjoy!
- You can enjoy these cookies for up to 5 days if stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
Nutrition is roughly calculated using Lily’s chocolate
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 135
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 17
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 1
Keywords: Gluten free cookies, chocolate chip cookies, small batch chocolate chip cookies, gluten free chocolate chip cookies,