This Sweet and Fluffy Banana Gluten Free Bundt Cake is filled with a swirl of Cinnamon and Brown Sugar and topped with a signature cream cheese glaze!
Cinnamon Bundt Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup softened unsalted butter (or butter substitute)
- 1 cup dark or light brown sugar (either will work)
- 2 room temperature eggs
- 1 heaping tsp of vanilla
- 3 medium bananas mashed (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 cup greek yogurt ( I used 0% but you can also use 2% 5% or full fat varieties as well)
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon (or a few tsps. more for a stronger cinnamon flavor, I prefer a subtle one)
- 2 Tbsps sugar cane
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 oz softened cream cheese (I used 1/3 fat variety)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp milk (for a thinner variety use a bit more)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 and grab your bundt cake and an oil-based cooking spray such as canola, or vegetable oil. I don’t recommend using a butter flavored spray for this or butter itself as it may cause the cake to stick.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together. When combined set aside.
- Mash the bananas until they are complete mush. The less chunks the better.
- In a large bowl mix the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and butter together until they are fully combined. Be sure that your eggs are room temp before adding them. Room temperature eggs will easily mix with the butter and sugar, distributing the yolk more evenly, allowing the batter to raise more than cold eggs would. If you don’t have 30 minutes for your eggs to become room temp try placing the eggs in a bowl with warm water for 5-10 minutes. This will speed up the process.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk out all lumps.
- Make the Cinnamon Glaze by combining the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Spray the bundt cake pan with a large amount of spray. If you are concerned with too much spray being used , I ask you to remember the most memorable line of mean girls, the limit doesn’t exist! The more spray the better the chance your bundt cake will not stick.
- Pour half the batter into the pan and tap the bottom of the bundt cake to ensure it is evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture across the top of the batter.
- Pour the remaining batter on top of the mixture. Use a spatula to even out the top layer and tap the bundt can on the counter a few more times to make sure it is even.
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 55-60 minutes. A clean toothpick with no batter will indicate the bundt cake is ready.
- Let the Bundt cake cool for 10 minutes.
- While the bundt cake is cooling make the cream cheese glaze. Combine all of the cream cheese ingredients in a small bowl. Add the milk in slowly as a little will go a long way. I recommend starting in Tablespoon increments.
- Put a cooling rack on the top of the bundt cake pan and flip the bundt cake onto the cooling rack.
- Top the bundt cake with the cream cheese glaze and enjoy!
- I recommend storing this in the fridge for 2 days in an air tight container. Anything longer than 2 days should be stored in the freezer
be sure to use room temperature eggs
I used King Arthur’s All purpose baking flour. Not all gluten free flours are created equally so I recommend using the same brand.
Nutrional values are calculated with reduced fat cream cheese and are estimates
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 272
- Sugar: 26
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 45
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 5
Keywords: Banana bundt cake, cinnamon cake, cinnamon bundt cake, gluten free bundt cake, gluten free cake, banana cake, gluten free cake