Fresh, tasty, and healthy! These 6 ingredient Tostadas are the perfect simple lunch or dinner that is packed with protein and of course guac!
You’re in a pinch! You don’t even want to eye another lean meat and vegetable meal that you’ve had for the last 3 days…
Then these Super Simple Healthy Tostadas are for You!
What do I need?
Good news! It isn’t much!
- corn tortillas
- guacamole (I used good foods as i’s my favorite store bought guacamole)
- taco seasoning
- feta cheese
Aside from a dash of salt and optional oil you should be good.
How In The Heck Do I Make A Crunchy Tostada?
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Spray one or both sides of the corn tortillas with avocado or olive oil non-stick spray
- Add them flat onto a pan and sprinkle sea salt over them
- Bake them in the oven for 4-5 minutes on each side and flip them halfway through. If you would like extra crispy tostadas bake them for another 2 minutes on each side, just watch them closely to be sure they don’t burn.
What Seasoning Should I Use?
Unfortunately, most taco seasonings you find in the store contain added sugar. Sigh, I know it’s a shame, but you are in luck! I have a natural recipe that involves zero added sugar and contains most spices you likely have in your cubboards.
- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 1.5 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp sea salt
Just mix this all up in a small bowl and then store the seasoning in either a ziploc bag or in a small airtight container.
You can use any taco seasoning for this recipe though if you’re in a pinch. I know I would be lying if I said I always had my taco seasoning on deck to use at all times.
Perhaps one of my favorite things about making these is how fancy I feel eating a tostada from my couch, although I know it only took about 15 minutes.
The protein from the shrimp, fat from guacamole, and carbs from corn tortilla make for a healthy and satisfying meal that keeps me full well after that 3 PM snack attack time.Print
The Taco’s BFF boasting with flavor, guac, feta, and everything in between! With grams of protein you can kick your hunger to the curb!
- 4 corn tortillas
- 12 large shrimp (deveined and peeled)
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1.5 tsp taco seasoning (my recipe for this is above, but any taco seasoning will do)
- dash of sea salt
- 3 Tbsp guacamole (I used Good Foods Store bought Guac, and it’s the best I’ve ever had from a store)
- 3 Tbsp crumbled feta (I used reduced fat feta, but feel free to use whichever you like)
- 1 Tbsp cilantro
- Optional: Lime
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray the corn tortilla shells with non-stick spray on one or both sides.
- Sprinkle sea salt over the corn tortillas and bake in the oven for 4-5 minutes on each side, flipping them over halfway through. if you prefer very crispy tostadas you can add another 1-2 minutes on each side but watch them carefully so they don’t burn.
- While the tostadas burn heat a pan over medium-high heat with the oil. Add the seasoning to the shrimp and then add the shrimp to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes on each side. If you have larger shrimp you may want to cook them closer to 3 minutes. once they are done cooking set aside.
- Chop the cilantro and set aside.
- Remove the tostadas from the oven and let the tostadas cool for a few minutes and then add the guacamole to the tostadas.
- Add the shrimp to the tostadas, then the feta and chopped cilantro.
- Squeeze a lime over the top and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 Shrimp Tostada
- Calories: 129
- Sugar: 1
- Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 11
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 10
Keywords: shrimp, tostada, taco seasoning, gluten free, high protein, simple meal recipe, lunch, quick meal, healthy