The Taco’s BFF boasting with flavor, guac, feta, and everything in between! With grams of protein you can kick your hunger to the curb!
- 4 corn tortillas
- 12 large shrimp (deveined and peeled)
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1.5 tsp taco seasoning (my recipe for this is above, but any taco seasoning will do)
- dash of sea salt
- 3 Tbsp guacamole (I used Good Foods Store bought Guac, and it’s the best I’ve ever had from a store)
- 3 Tbsp crumbled feta (I used reduced fat feta, but feel free to use whichever you like)
- 1 Tbsp cilantro
- Optional: Lime
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray the corn tortilla shells with non-stick spray on one or both sides.
- Sprinkle sea salt over the corn tortillas and bake in the oven for 4-5 minutes on each side, flipping them over halfway through. if you prefer very crispy tostadas you can add another 1-2 minutes on each side but watch them carefully so they don’t burn.
- While the tostadas burn heat a pan over medium-high heat with the oil. Add the seasoning to the shrimp and then add the shrimp to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes on each side. If you have larger shrimp you may want to cook them closer to 3 minutes. once they are done cooking set aside.
- Chop the cilantro and set aside.
- Remove the tostadas from the oven and let the tostadas cool for a few minutes and then add the guacamole to the tostadas.
- Add the shrimp to the tostadas, then the feta and chopped cilantro.
- Squeeze a lime over the top and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 Shrimp Tostada
- Calories: 129
- Sugar: 1
- Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 11
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 10
Keywords: shrimp, tostada, taco seasoning, gluten free, high protein, simple meal recipe, lunch, quick meal, healthy