My low carb Buffalo Dip is packed with protein and flavor! It’s the perfect appetizer to enjoy at a game day potluck or a yummy lunch to pair with crackers or carrots and celery.
Here’s the Deets on this Healthy Recipe
To make this yummy dip you’ll need greek yogurt and cream cheese for the bulk of this recipe. The greek yogurt will be where we will get the added protein in addition to the chicken.
I swapped out the sour cream in this recipe with greek yogurt to boost the protein content and reduce the fat content as well.
I kept the classic parts of this dip the same though by using the buffalo sauce as the key for doctoring this up along with the cheese. You can certainly choose a lower fat cheese such as mozzarella, but for this recipe I used my favorite cheese, which is a 4 cheese blend.
Here’s The Key Ingredients:
- Buffalo sauce
- Greek yogurt
- Cream cheese (softened)
- Garlic powder
- Shredded chicken
- Cheese of choice
- Green onions
You are going to need a pretty large bowl for this recipe as the yield is a generous 8×8 dip that is Thick.
I would also recommend getting some carrots, celery, and crackers to pair with this as it makes for a great crunchy combo!
It’s Super Simple
This dip is by far one of the quickest recipes you can make for a potluck or even as a part of your meal prep for the week.
It’s as simple as
- Let the cream cheese soften and combine everything in a bowl
- Spread the contents from the bowl in an 8×8 pan and add half the shredded cheese on the first layer
- Pour the remaining batter into the 8×8 pan and top with the rest of the cheese and bake for 30 minutes
- Let cool and garnish with green onions
Bam, just like that a Low Carb Buffalo Dip is done!Print
This Low Carb Dip will appease the masses and is packed with flavor and protein!
- 5 oz softened 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 lb shredded chicken ( mine was about 3 cups)
- 3/4 cup Franks Red Hot Buffalo sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese of choice
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp green onions
- Preheat the oven to 350 and spray an 8×8 pan with non-stick spray.
- Let the cream cheese soften by leaving it out for an hour.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl except for the green onions and cheese and mix until it is combined.
- Chop the green onions up and add in 1/4 cup to the mixture and give it a good mix.
- Pour 1/2 the dip into the 8×8 pan and add 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Pout the other half of the dip in the dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Take out and top with the remaining chopped green onions.
*You can lower the calories and fat in this by choosing a lower fat cheese if you wish.
- Serving Size: 1/12 the recipe (about 2-2.5 oz, but this will range)
- Calories: 126
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 16
Keywords: Buffalo dip, healthy buffalo dip, greek yogurt, gluten free dip, gluten free, healthy appetizer, meal prep, healthy snack