These Flavorful Healthy Mexican Stuffed Peppers are filled with over 6 grams of fiber and over 35 grams
One of the best parts of this recipe is that it is very low-effort when it comes to the preparation for this dish.
How Simple Can This Really Be?
Honestly, I would consider this a lazy-girls (or guys) go-to meal prep recipe for the week. Now, you may be wondering why that is…
You see, by using salsa as the main seasoning there isn’t much more to add to the stuffing of the peppers other than the rice, beans, and turkey. All of which require minimal preparation.
I’m Busy Girl What Can I Do To Make This Easier?
- Use microwavable jasmine rice from Trader Joes. It tastes amazing and also is easy on the wallet.
- Wash the canned corn and beans together before adding them to the dish.
- Throw everything in at once after the turkey is done cooking.
This recipe is really a matter of cooking meat, and then adding everything together over the course of 5 minutes before popping it in the oven. So, if you’re just starting to meal prep this recipe is a great place
I made this recipe for a busy week I had ahead for my first week working from home. Some would argue that working from home doesn’t make meal prep necessary, but for the first week I had no idea what to expect so I had to be sure I had a healthy lunch packed just in case.
Also, is any thing better than gazing at your fridge knowing you have meals already prepped?
Yeah…didn’t think so.
If you’re looking for other gluten free healthy recipes checkout my latest posts below!
- Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Collagen Perfect Bars
- Super Simple Shrimp Tostadas
- Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Blondies
- The Best Ever Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Scones
A simple, yet satisfying healthy mexican-style meal that is high in fiber and packed with over 35 grams of protein.
- 1 lb 99% Lean turkey
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 4 Large Bell Peppers
- 1 1/2 cup Salsa ( I opt for a lower sodium variety)
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 Can black beans
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 Cup cooked rice of choice
- Optional: 1/2 cup mexican-style cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Cook the turkey in a pan with 1 tsp of oil until it is fully cooked over medium-high heat.
- Add the cilantro, chili powder, red pepper, and salsa to the pan and lower the heat to low for 1-2 minutes.
- After washing the beans add the can with the turkey and cooked rice. Stir over low heat until the ingredients are incorporated and set aside.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and stuff them evenly with the mixture from the pan.
- Cook the peppers for 40 minutes in the oven. Then take them out and add the cheese on top of the peppers and set the broiler in your oven to high. Place the peppers with the cheese on top in the oven for 2-3 minutes, watching carefully to ensure the cheese does not burn.
- Take out of the oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 stuffed pepper
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 36
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 38
Keywords: bell peppers, stuffed peppers, quick recipe, salsa, salsa recipe, mexican peppers,