A simple, yet satisfying healthy mexican-style meal that is high in fiber and packed with over 35 grams of protein.
- 1 lb 99% Lean turkey
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 4 Large Bell Peppers
- 1 1/2 cup Salsa ( I opt for a lower sodium variety)
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 Can black beans
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 Cup cooked rice of choice
- Optional: 1/2 cup mexican-style cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Cook the turkey in a pan with 1 tsp of oil until it is fully cooked over medium-high heat.
- Add the cilantro, chili powder, red pepper, and salsa to the pan and lower the heat to low for 1-2 minutes.
- After washing the beans add the can with the turkey and cooked rice. Stir over low heat until the ingredients are incorporated and set aside.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and stuff them evenly with the mixture from the pan.
- Cook the peppers for 40 minutes in the oven. Then take them out and add the cheese on top of the peppers and set the broiler in your oven to high. Place the peppers with the cheese on top in the oven for 2-3 minutes, watching carefully to ensure the cheese does not burn.
- Take out of the oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 stuffed pepper
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 36
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 38
Keywords: bell peppers, stuffed peppers, quick recipe, salsa, salsa recipe, mexican peppers,