This delicious Healthy Protein Packed Hot Chocolate (or Hot Pro-Coa as I would call it) is made with minimal ingredients and is the perfect go-to drink in the morning, afternoon, or night!
What You Need To Make Hot Pro-Coa
- Cocoa powder (or Cacao powder for vegan)
- Vegan protein of choice (vanilla or chocolate) (I used Orgain Chocolate peanut butter)
- Vanilla extract
- Non-dairy milk of choice
- Cane sugar
- Sea salt
The Key To Making The Perfect Healthy Dairy Free Protein Hot Chocolate
In order to create the perfect texture that results in no clumps in your hot chocolate I recommend adding all the ingredients in a blender bottle and giving it a good shake before pouring it into your favorite festive mug and heating it up in the microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
By doing this you will break apart most of the clumps that could occur.
Another option for those who have rather clumpy protein powders or cocoa is to sift the cocoa and the protein powder.
The Perfect Topping
After you’ve heated up your hot chocolate in the microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute I recommend pairing it with your favorite dairy free whipped cream and adding a dash of cinnamon on the top (for taste and esthetic of course)!
Now that your Healthy Protein Hot Cocoa is ready you can turn on your favorite holiday movie, slip into your comfiest jammies and enjoy!Print
The simplest and healthiest protein hot cocoa you’ll ever make! Guaranteed to get you in the holiday spirit!
- 1/2 Tbsp Cocoa or Cacao powder ( I recommend increasing this to 1 TBSP if you use vanilla protein powder)
- 2 TBSP Vanilla or chocolate vegan protein powder (I used Orgain chocolate peanut butter)
- 2 tsp. cane sugar
- 1 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of sea salt (very small amount)
- dash of cinnamon
- Add all ingredients into a blender bottle and give it a good shake until there are no clumps and all ingredients are combined. If you have clumpy cocoa/cacao powder or protein powder I recommend sifting it prior to adding it to the blender bottle. If you are not a fan of hies of cinnamon in your hot chocolate omit the dash of cinnamon. If you use a vanilla protein powder I recommend using 1 Tbsp of cocoa/cacao powder.
- Pour the ingredients into your favorite festive mug and microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute. This time may vary depending on your microwave and the size of your mug.
- Top with your favorite dairy free whipped cream and an additional decorative dash of cinnamon.
The protein powder you use may yield an alternate texture as all protein powders are not created equally.
- Serving Size: 1 Hot Cocoa W/o whipped cream
- Sugar: 8
- Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 9
Keywords: hot cocoa, dairy free hot cocoa, hot chocolate, protein hot cocoa, protein hot chocolate, vegan hot cocoa, healthy holiday drink