The simplest and healthiest protein hot cocoa you’ll ever make! Guaranteed to get you in the holiday spirit!
- 1/2 Tbsp Cocoa or Cacao powder ( I recommend increasing this to 1 TBSP if you use vanilla protein powder)
- 2 TBSP Vanilla or chocolate vegan protein powder (I used Orgain chocolate peanut butter)
- 2 tsp. cane sugar
- 1 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of sea salt (very small amount)
- dash of cinnamon
- Add all ingredients into a blender bottle and give it a good shake until there are no clumps and all ingredients are combined. If you have clumpy cocoa/cacao powder or protein powder I recommend sifting it prior to adding it to the blender bottle. If you are not a fan of hies of cinnamon in your hot chocolate omit the dash of cinnamon. If you use a vanilla protein powder I recommend using 1 Tbsp of cocoa/cacao powder.
- Pour the ingredients into your favorite festive mug and microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute. This time may vary depending on your microwave and the size of your mug.
- Top with your favorite dairy free whipped cream and an additional decorative dash of cinnamon.
The protein powder you use may yield an alternate texture as all protein powders are not created equally.
- Serving Size: 1 Hot Cocoa W/o whipped cream
- Sugar: 8
- Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 9
Keywords: hot cocoa, dairy free hot cocoa, hot chocolate, protein hot cocoa, protein hot chocolate, vegan hot cocoa, healthy holiday drink