I’m not playing when it comes to these chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie bars! These are Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and easily Vegan by swapping out just one ingredient!
The Main Reasons I Love These Bars
Now, as a Gluten Free Gal I can say that making any type of cookies makes me nervous and I am sure you all know what I am talking about…
That’s right! The crumby, dry, and borderline un-bakeable texture that usually are accompanied by gluten free cookies.
But you can have peace of mind when baking these because they are 100% chewy, moist, and most of all a bit melty in the middle, which pairs greatly with ice cream!
You may be wondering, what makes these not crumble like a nature valley bar as soon as you touch it? That would be starch my friends! This includes all starches, like corn starch, potato starch, and arrowroot starch. When adding a starch it acts as the main binder and basically makes that crumble situation disappear.
This is what you’ll need to make these Magical Bars:
- Almond butter and peanut butter (the drippier the better)
- Plant based butter
- Non-dairy milk
- Vanilla extract
- Honey (or maple syrup for vegan)
- Ground flaxseeds
- Potato Starch
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Oat flour
- Sea salt
- Non-dairy mini chocolate chips
It may seem long, but every ingredient has a place and contributes to a chewy chocolate chip cookie bar. As mentioned before, the potato starch will act as the main binder.
You can also feel free to substitute the potato starch with arrowroot starch or cornstarch, you will just have to adjust the amount you add. For every Tablespoon of potato starch you should substitute with 2 tsp of arrowroot starch and cornstarch can be substituted in a 1:1 ratio. I admit I didn’t try substituting these in the recipe, but from my research and general knowledge of baking with starches these substitutions should be very similar since they are all starches.
These are a Triple Threat! They are:
Vegan (with one swap)
So, that means when you bring these to a party or a potluck, everyone can enjoy the Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar deliciousness!
Also, when looking at the nutritional information remember the key here is Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookie bars as these are a healthier alternative to the leading cookie usually has more than 20 grams of sugar and less than 2 grams of fiber.Print
These chewy, moist, and flavorful chocolate chip cookie bars are gluten free, dairy free, easily made vegan, and are lower in sugar than your average bars! Make this the ultimate dessert to top off your day!
- 6 Tbsp peanut butter
- 6 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 Tbsp plant-based butter
- 6 Tbsp non-dairy milk
- 2 Tbsp Honey (maple-syrup if vegan)
- 1 Tbsp Flaxseed
- 1 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 tsp potato starch
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 sifted oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup non-dairy mini chocolate chips
- In a microwave-safe medium-sized bowl add in the nut butters, butter, and milk and microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- Add in the remaining wet ingredients, stir, and set aside.
- Add all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Add the wet to the dry. You should have a thick and moldable dough at this point.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spray an 8×8 pan (also feel free to use parchment paper here) and bake for 23-25 minutes. If you would prefer a doughier texture than I would recommend baking more around 20 minutes.
- Take out and let cool for 10 minutes.
- This goes great with ice cream so feel free to serve these yummy bars with it and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 297
- Sugar: 17
- Fat: 17
- Carbohydrates: 30
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 6