The sweetest and chewiest Small Batch Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars you can make!
- 3/4 cup all purpose gluten free flour (I used King Arthur’s gluten free flour and recommend you use the same or Bob’s 1:1 all purpose gluten free flour. Not all gluten free flour is created equally so you may get different results if you use other flours)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3–1/2 cup chopped chocolate
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cane sugar
- 4 Tbsps unsalted softened butter
- 1 room temp egg (you can make this room temp by submerging the egg in warm water for 10 minutes in a small bowl)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix the dry ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) in a medium sized bowl and set aside. When measuring the flour be sure to level it and not pack it too much. Adding too much flour is easy by not leveling it and adding more flour will result in a different texture.
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar and sugar cane with the butter until it is fully e corporates and the butter is creamed with the sugar leaving no clumps of butter in the mixture. Mixing the sugar and butter together will create small air pockets in the batter that will provide a nice lifted and light texture.
- Beat the egg and vanilla together
- Add the egg and vanilla mixture into the butter sugar mixture in the small bowl.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix until the entire dough has no clumps or dry spots. Be careful not to overmix though. Over mixing will result in cookies that don’t rise as much
- Add in 1/3 -1/2 cup of your favorite chocolate bar or chocolate chips. I recommend chocolate bars over chips as the chocolate will likely be higher quality and yield a richer cocoa flavor.
- Spray the 9×5 loaf pan with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper and pour the dough into the load pan using a spatula.
- Store in the fridge for 30 minutes and preheat the oven to 350.
- Put in the oven for 23-25 minutes (if you want an underbaked effect I recommend the shorter end of this)
- Remove from the Oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes and then slice evenly with a knife and serve!
If you find you batter is too crumby I recommend adding a little more butter.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie bar
- Calories: 218
- Sugar: 11
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 30
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 2
Keywords: Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars, Cookie bar, Chocolate chip, Gluten Free Chocolate Chip bars, Gluten free cookie bars, cookie bars, small batch cookie bars, small batch gluten free chocolate chip cookie bars