The best ever gluten free scones that are not dry and boast a lemon blueberry flavor. It becomes the perfect pair with a lemon protein collagen glaze!
- 1 Cup Oat flour (or oats blended finely in a blender)
- 1 Cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup Coconut flour
- 2–3 Tbsp Truvia or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 3/4 cup Blueberries
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp non-dairy milk (You may want to add less depending on the gf all-purpose flour you use)
- 6 Tbsp Vegan butter, cold (I used I can’t believe it’s not butter Vegan)
- 1/2 Cup Applesauce
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 batch My Protein Collagen Icing (or feel free to use all of it)
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Sift all flour into a large bowl. Then add the sweetener, salt, and baking powder in the bowl and combine.
- Add the butter into the large bowl and with a fork combine the butter into the flour until it forms large crumbs.
- Add the non-dairy milk and applesauce to the bowl and give it a good stir.
- Fold in the Blueberries and place on a baking sheet in a large ball.
- Make the dough into a 6-7 inch circle, flattening it to your desired thickness. These will not puff up as much as a usual scone as this is an eggless recipe.
- I recommend dividing these into 8 pieces with a knife before baking them for 18-22 minutes.
- While the scones are baking whip up the glaze by making my Collagen Glaze and adding 1 lemon juiced to it.
- Let cool for 10-12 minutes and top with the lemon glaze in a drizzle fashion.
I used King Arthur’s gluten free all-purpose flour, which has xanthan gum in it. If you use a different gluten free flour add 1/4-1/2 tsp xanthan gum to the flour if your flour doesn’t have it in it.
Nutrition was calculated with 2 Tbsp Truvia and 2/4 batch of my Collagen Icing.
- Serving Size: 1 Scone with Glaze
- Calories: 207
- Sugar: 9-10 grams
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 36
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 7
Keywords: Scones, gluten-free, dairy free, dessert, breakfast, snack, blueberry, lemon blueberry