Move over Little Debbie because these Healthy Cosmic Brownie Bites will take you back to your childhood. These are rich in cocoa and have a decadent fudgy texture.
- 2 ripe small avocados, pitted and skins removed (about 3/4 cup once pureed)
- 1/2 cup Truvia baking blend (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 Tbsp Truvia brown sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 2.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Lilly’s no sugar added chocolate chips (use dairy-free chocolate to make this recipe completely DF)
- 2.5 tsp plant-based butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup +1 tbsp cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond meal/flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- (Optional) Sprinkles
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 5 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp non-milk
- 1.5 tbsp Truvia
- 5 Tbsp for topping (this is mandatory!)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.and line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, pulse together the avocado, Truvia, and vanilla until the texture is smooth.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave in increments of 30 minutes and add the melted chocolate to the food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the eggs until they form bubbles
- Combine the chocolate and avocado mixture from the food processor.
- Add in the cocoa powder, almond flour, and sea salt and stir until the texture has zero chunks in it.
- Fill the mini muffin tins until they are 3/4 full and bake for 35-40 minutes. It may take longer depending on your oven and if you fill them more.
- Once you can stick a toothpick in the brownie bites and no batter sticks to the toothpick they are done. Let them cool for 15 minutes before frosting them.
- While the brownie bites are cooling make the frosting. In a small bowl, melt the almond butter in the microwave for 30 seconds until it is smooth. Then, combine the remaining ingredients into the small bowl with the almond butter.
- Pour the frosting into a small ziplock bag and cut a very small hole in the corner of the plastic bag.
- Once the brownies have cooled begin frosting the brownies starting from the center and moving outward in a circular motion until the brownie bite is covered in chocolate on top. Once complete add the sprinkles.
- Keep these stored in the fridge for 3-4 days.
When making the frosting be sure to add milk slowly as this is a thick frosting and you don’t want to make it drippy by adding too much liquid. If you accidentally add to much simply add more almond butter until it thickens.
This was calculated using Lily’s no sugar added chips.
- Serving Size: 1 Frosted and Sprinkled Brownie Bite
- Calories: 106
- Sugar: 3
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 11
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 2
Keywords: Brownies, Dairy Free, Healthy, gluten free, frosting, healthy frosting, almond butter, almond flour, under 110 calories