Enjoy the sweet hues of blueberry and lemon in these delicious gluten free Collagen muffins!
- 1.5 cups Gluten-free all-purpose flour (Or normal all-purpose flour if not gf)
- 3 scoops Collagen peptides I recommend unflavored or vanilla flavored
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1.5 tsp Baking powder
- 1.25 cups Blueberries
- 2 Large eggs
- 3 Tbsp Yogurt butter
- 2 Tbsp Coconut butter Or sub coconut oil
- 1 cup Unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Lemon squeezed
- 1/2 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 cup Truvia (Or sub your favorite sweetener)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract (Omit if you used vanilla flavored collagen)
Optional Lemon Drizzle:
- 3 Tbsp Powdered sugar
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Non-dairy milk
- Spray a silicon muffin tin or metal muffin tin with non-stick spray and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Sift all dry ingredients, except for the blueberries into a large mixing bowl and give it a good mix.
- Warm up the coconut butter and yogurt butter in a cereal bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds and then add in the vanilla extract and eggs together and mix.
- Add in the truvia, salt, honey, and lemon juice into the bowl with the egg and yogurt butter mixture and whisk until all ingredients are combined.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix until there are no lumps. Be sure not to over mix these as it will affect the texture.
- Fold in the blueberries and drop the batter with an ice cream scoop into the muffin tins until they are 3/4 full.
- Bake for 22-27 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Optional: mix the drizzle ingredients together until you get a thin glaze consistency and then use a spoon or fork to drizzle the lemon mixture.
I got about 14 muffins, but feel free to add a little more batter to each muffin if you would like a solid 12.
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin W/o drizzle)
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: 6
- Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 22
- Protein: 5
Keywords: muffins, blueberry, lemon, gluten free, truvia, under 150 calories, low fat