These gluten free muffins will become your new best friend.
Not often do I run out of vegan and whey protein powder, but the time came this afternoon when I reached for the tub and saw the dreaded scoop at the bottom and nothing else!
Thus, the Lemon Blueberry Collagen Muffins were born…
For all the fellow non-gluten eaters out there you know what a pain in the a** it can be when trying to make a fluffy, non-crumbly muffins that won’t evaporate in seconds like those natural valley bars
Yeah you know the ones I’m talking about. You take them out of the package and half of it is already granola.
Of course, we don’t want that, but unfortunately when it comes to gluten free baking, there is about a 50/50 shot that anything will workout right when you follow the recipe step by step when using these various flours.
When it comes to gluten free baking I’m not a huge fan of mixing 3-5 different flours because being gluten free is expensive enough!
All you need to do is look at the size and price of gluten free bread to figure this out. If you didn’t know the slices are as small as cards and are about $7 for a loaf you have to freeze…as you can see I ain’t about that life
Without further ado, these muffins are made with only…
Wait for it…
To make it even simpler, it’s a gluten free all-purpose flour. I used pillsbury, but bob’s red mill would work as well.
Oh, and one special ingredient as well
But that likely wasn’t a shock to you as it gave it away in the title
The best part of these muffins is the lemon-deliciousness on the top of it!
This part is completely optional but it enhances the lemon flavor and also adds a bit of a bakery-style element.
It’s a bit better than an ordinary muffin because it’s a fancy muffin which basically makes it better than an ordinary muffin.Print
Lemon Bluebery Collagen Muffins
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 14 muffins 1x
- Category: Sweet
- Diet: Gluten Free
Enjoy the sweet hues of blueberry and lemon in these delicious gluten free Collagen muffins!
- 1.5 cups Gluten-free all-purpose flour (Or normal all-purpose flour if not gf)
- 3 scoops Collagen peptides I recommend unflavored or vanilla flavored
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1.5 tsp Baking powder
- 1.25 cups Blueberries
- 2 Large eggs
- 3 Tbsp Yogurt butter
- 2 Tbsp Coconut butter Or sub coconut oil
- 1 cup Unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Lemon squeezed
- 1/2 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 cup Truvia (Or sub your favorite sweetener)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract (Omit if you used vanilla flavored collagen)
Optional Lemon Drizzle:
- 3 Tbsp Powdered sugar
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Non-dairy milk
- Spray a silicon muffin tin or metal muffin tin with non-stick spray and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Sift all dry ingredients, except for the blueberries into a large mixing bowl and give it a good mix.
- Warm up the coconut butter and yogurt butter in a cereal bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds and then add in the vanilla extract and eggs together and mix.
- Add in the truvia, salt, honey, and lemon juice into the bowl with the egg and yogurt butter mixture and whisk until all ingredients are combined.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix until there are no lumps. Be sure not to over mix these as it will affect the texture.
- Fold in the blueberries and drop the batter with an ice cream scoop into the muffin tins until they are 3/4 full.
- Bake for 22-27 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Optional: mix the drizzle ingredients together until you get a thin glaze consistency and then use a spoon or fork to drizzle the lemon mixture.
I got about 14 muffins, but feel free to add a little more batter to each muffin if you would like a solid 12.
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin W/o drizzle)
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: 6
- Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 22
- Protein: 5
Keywords: muffins, blueberry, lemon, gluten free, truvia, under 150 calories, low fat