A super simple Salmon recipe that is flavorful and healthy!
- 1 pound of Atlantic Salmon cut into 4 fillets
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1/8 heaping tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- 2.5 Tbsp of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 lemon juiced (or 2–3 Tbsp of lemon juice from a lemon juice bottle)
- 3 Tbsp Tamari (or low sodium sea salt if not gf)
- 2 tsp cornstarch + 1 tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp chopped parsley + extra to top
- Add the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. While the pan warms up coat the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Cook the salmon for 4-5 minutes each side. If they are thick slices aim for 5-6 minutes.
- Wrap the salmon in tin foil and set aside while you prepare the Honey Glaze.
- Throw the chopped garlic to the pan and cook over medium-high heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the water, lemon juice, Tamari, chopped parsley and honey to the pan and let it simmer.
- Whisk together the cornstarch and water mixture in a small bowl.
- Add the water-cornstarch mixture into the pan and whisk until it is combined. Let the Honey Glaze boil for 1-2 minutes as the glaze thickens.
- Add the salmon to the pan and add the Honey Glaze on top of the salmon. Then, sprinkle a bit more parsley over the top and pair with rice and steamed veggies
To lower the fat content you can use a leaner cut of salmon
- Serving Size: 1 4-ounce fillet with glaze
- Calories: 293
- Sugar: 9
- Fat: 17
- Carbohydrates: 11
- Protein: 24
Keywords: Salmon, honey, honey glaze, healthy meal, dairy free, gluten free, quick dinner