A simple, crispy, and flavorful healthy vegan and gluten free orange tofu dish that will keep you coming back for more!
- 2 blocks of firm tofu
- 3/4 Tbsp Tamari (or soy sauce if not gf)
- 3/4 Tbsp sesame oil
- dash of garlic powder
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Tamari
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 large naval orange juiced (about 1/3 cup juice)
- 1 Tbsp + 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp truvia baking blend (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch + 1 1/2 Tbsp water mixture
- Optional: green onions and sesame seeds for garnish
- Drain the moisture from the tofu with paper towels. Press the tofu onto the paper towels until there is little to none left.
- Cut into small 1 inch by 1 inch cubes and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the bowl and mix up the Tamari, sesame oil, and dash of garlic powder until it is evenly coated.
- Put in the air fryer at 400 and cook for 25-28 minutes shaking it every few minuted to ensure they cook evenly. If you like them very crispy then I would recommend cooking it on the longer end of that range. You may adjust this based on your air fryer.
- When the tofu is done set aside.
- Mince the garlic and cook over a skillet at medium to heat. Roast this for a few minutes until the garlic starts to appear less white.
- Add the Tamari, rice vinegar, water, and juice from the orange.
- Add in the coconut sugar and truvia
- Mix the cornstarch and the water together in a small dish and add this mixture into the skillet with the other ingredients.
- Lower the heat to low and let the sauce thicken while it simmers. Mix the sauce with a fork for a few minutes as it thickens.
- Add in the tofu and stir until it is evenly coated.
- Optional but recommended, add some veggies into the tofu and sauce mixture.
- Serve over steamed rice and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
*Air fryer times are estimated as they will vary by brand
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 251
- Sugar: 12
- Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 17
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 21
Keywords: tofu, vegan, gluten free, orange tofu, healthy, low sugar