These no-bake layered bars are rich and nestled in a thick layer of dairy free salted caramel.
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp oat flour (you can make this by blending oats to a pulp)
- 1/2 cup powdered peanut butter
- 2–3 Tbsp non-dairy milk
- 5 Tbsp honey
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup whipped vegan butter (or normal butter)
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 5 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 scoops collagen (you can omit, but if you do reduce your honey by 1 Tbsp)
- 1 cup gluten free pretzels crushed (I used Glutino)
- 1 cup gluten free pretzels
- 2 Tbsp vegan whipped butter
- 5 oz milk chocolate melted
- Optional: sea salt
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- Warm the honey and peanut butter together in a small bowl by microwaving it for 20-30 seconds.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and give it a good stir. The dough will be very thick. if you find it is sticky, add more flour.
- Move the thick mixture to an 8×8 pan by evenly distributing the layer and store in the freezer for 45 minutes-1 hour.
- Melt all ingredients together, except for the vanilla, collagen, and pretzels, in a small bowl for 20-30 seconds in the microwave.
- Add the vanilla and collagen into the mixture. The caramel should be sticky and will be thick.
- Add the caramel sauce on top of the bottom layer.
- Sprinkle crushed pretzels over the caramel and store in the freezer for a minimum of 45 minutes.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in the microwave in increments of 30 seconds. Take it out of the microwave every 30 seconds giving it a good stir. Watch it carefully as you don’t want the chocolate to burn. The chocolate will be done when it is smooth and there is no bits that appear.
- Pour the chocolate over the pretzel/caramel layer. Be sure to spread it to the corners.
- Add the crushed pretzels to the top and sprinkle a dash of sea salt.
- Store in the freezer, one last time for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- After the bars have froze, cut them into 12 pieces and enjoy! These are good for about 4-5 days in the freezer. you can enjoy them later but the pretzels may get a bit soggy.
*If you omit collagen in this recipe reduce the honey by at least 1 Tbsp in the caramel layer.
*These can be made vegan if you omit the collagen and swap the honey for maple syrup.
*The nutrition has been roughly calculated, so it is an estimate.
You can also try this recipe with peanut butter filled pretzels on the top as other people have had successful results with this. The pretzel brand and thickness of the pretzels you get may yield a slightly different texture so I highly recommend Gutino as they are very crunchy.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 372
- Sugar: 23
- Fat: 20
- Carbohydrates: 37
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 11
Keywords: No-bake, honey, dessert bars, salted caramel, salted caramel bars, dairy free bars, collagen, gluten free bars, gluten free