The easiest and simplest dairy free and gluten free biscuits that you’re grandma (and everyone else) will love!
- 1 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp all purpose gluten free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free all purpose flour, I recommend this brand or King Arthur. If you use a different brand you may need to use more or less as every blend is different.)
- 1 Tbsp instant yeast + 2 TBSPs warm water
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Heaping 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 large egg at room temp. You can also take an egg from the fridge and submerge it in warm water for a few minutes and this should do the trick.
- 1/2 cup
- Heaping 1/2 cup of melted whipped Dairy free (or normal butter) + more for brushing
- 1/2 cup shredded dairy free cheese (I used Violife cheddar) but feel free to use normal dairy cheese if you prefer
- 4–6 Slices of cooked bacon. This may vary as you and your guests may have a preference when it comes to bacon
- Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray. When done, set aside.
- Mix the yeast with 2 TBSPs of warm water (key word here being warm) if you add hot water it will kill the yeast resulting in rise-less dough. Set aside for 5-8 minutes.
- Add all dry ingredients (flour, garlic powder, sugar, bacon, baking powder, salt) into a large bowl. When measuring a flour use a straight edge to ensure you are not adding too much flour.
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. When done, let it cool for a few minutes until it is warm.
- Add the rest of the water (1/2 cup) and mix it with the butter, yeast, and egg until it is combined.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix until no flour pockets are visible. Your dough should be very sticky. if it is on the thicker side add a little more water.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into a ball. Spray your hands with non-stick spray or cover them in oil to help the dough not stick to your hands. You should have three equal balls of dough fitting snug into each muffin tin. When done, you will have 9-10 muffin tins full depending on how big you made the dough balls.
- With a small brush (pastry or rubber), spread the additional melted butter on the rolls. This will great flavor!
- Once the dough is used up, wrap the tin with plastic wrap and store in the fridge for 25-30 minutes. Be sure the plastic is tight enough to not let air out.
- Once the dough has risen, bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes. The biscuits should be ready once they brown a tad and have no dough residue visible when pricking them with a toothpick.
- Let the biscuits cool for at least 15 minutes and serve!
*Adapted from Life After Wheat.
*These are great frozen as well. I recommend storing them in an airtight bag for a maximum of 1 month.
*If you use an alternate branded flour your results may change as each flour is made differently.
*Nutrition was calculated with 10 biscuits and is a rough estimate.
- Serving Size: 1 Gluten Free roll
- Calories: 193
- Sugar: 1
- Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 25
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 3
Keywords: gluten free bread, gluten free biscuits, bacon, bacon cheddar biscuits, dairy free biscuits