Dense, Peanut-buttery, and absolutely Gluten Free and Dairy Free! These Collagen Perfect Bars resemble the texture of your typical Perfect Bar, but without the dry milk and egg powder all while packing a protein punch with 14 grams of protein per bar!
I admit, I love Perfect Bars! But something is so satisfying about making your own makes them taste that much better.
The best thing about making these bars is that you get to add in your favorite add-ins (and I am talking about more than just chocolate chips!
For example, you could add cranberries and walnuts and use almond butter as the base to create a completely different flavor with these bars.
Collagen is one of my favorite ways to add protein in a dairy free way without messing with the texture. It’s tasteless properties and superfine granuals make it ideal for baking and in no-bake desserts.
If you were to use vegan protein, it will likely create a different texture and not so subtle aftertaste of pea protein (as that is the base of most vegan proteins). I am not saying that you shouldn’t use vegan protein as I incorporate it in other recipes, but in certain ones the flavors and textures don’t mix together as well as collagen.
Another great thing about these Collagen Perfect Bars is that they are simple to make as you won’t need much and odds are you have all of it in your kitchen!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Peanut butter
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut flour
- Oat flour
- Non-dairy chocolate chips
You can feel free to sub out the chocolate chips for other add-ins that you prefer.
When adding these ingredients together you will get a very thick and dense dough that is moldable and shouldn’t stick to your hands.
Overall, it should be an easy transfer from the bowl to an 8×8 pan.
When it comes to the size of these bars it’s honestly up to you and your preference. I prefer bars on the thinner side, but that’s just me.
I you prefer thicker bars I recommend using a smaller baking dish to achieve this. You won’t get as many bars out of this but they will be very thick…With a capital T on the Thick!Print
These yummy dairy free and gluten free collagen protein bars are packed with 14 grams of protein and made with minimal ingredients. Did I mention they are customizable and taste like your favorite Perfect Bar?!
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 4 scoops collagen (or more if you prefer, but this may affect the taste slightly)
- 1 Tbsp water
- 3 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp oat flour
- 2 Tbsp + 1/2 Tbsp (or more for sprinkling chocolate chips on the top)
- Combine the peanut butter, water, vanilla extract, and honey together in a small to medium-sized bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, add in the collagen, coconut flour, oat flour, salt, and give it a good mix until all of the ingredients are combines.
- Add the peanut butter and honey mixture in the small to medium-sized bowl to the medium-sized bowl with the dry ingredients and combine until the batter is thick and moldable. You may need to add an additional 1-2 Tbsps of water if you didn’t use natural peanut butter or added more collagen. If your batter is too thick, slowly add in 1 Tbsp of water and mix until the dough is moldable and resembles that of the photo.
- Fold in 2 Tbsp of chocolate chips and add the dough to an 8×8 pan lined with parchment paper. Then, sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top and store in the freezer for a minimum of 1 hour. Once they have froze, cut into 9 bars and store in the fridge in an airtight container.
*I recommend using a drippy nut butter
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 262
- Sugar: 14
- Fat: 14
- Carbohydrates: 20
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 14
Keywords: No-bake, honey, perfect bar, gluten free, dairy free, protein bars, healthy bars, breakfast, snack, snack bars